On Tuesday, 12th November, 2019, the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, (ECCB), which oversees all financial entities in the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States, (OECS), announced that the bank was amongst a group of six that had been recognized for their outstanding service and social responsibility.
All six commercial banks operate within, what is called the ECCU, (Eastern Caribbean Currency Union).
National Bank won the Bank of the Year Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
Governor of the ECCB, Timothy Antoine presented the Inaugural Bank of the Year Awards on 9th November, to the commercial banks that have exhibited commitment and service excellence to the people they serve, through their business practices and policies in six categories.
The six awards were distributed to the following institutions:
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Corporate Social Responsibility: The St Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla National Bank;
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Corporate Governance: The Antigua Commercial Bank;
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Customer Service: The CIBC/First Caribbean International Bank (Barbados) Ltd (Saint Lucia);
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Financial Education and Empowerment: The Republic Bank (Grenada) Limited;
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Risk Management: The Grenada Co-operative Bank Limited; and
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Technological Innovation: The Bank of Saint Lucia.
The awards ceremony formed part of the recent activities for the 24th Sir Arthur Lewis Lecture.