Either way, those selected over the weekend, are already fancying their chances of either claiming another title for their collection or perhaps added their name, for the first time, to the roster of monarchs.
When the eliminations concluded on Saturday and Sunday, Socrates and Alamoulou emerged as the top performers on 237 points each.
There was no place however for former monarch, Ayatollah and regular contender, Persuader, who have been chosen as reserves, in the event that one or more of those in the top 16 fail to appear.
The Semi-finals are due to take place on 15th December but later today (Monday) they are expected to participate in the draw to determine their time of appearance this coming Sunday.
The full slate of Semi-finalists reads as follows:
- Alamoulou Dear Editor (name of song) 237 (pts)
- Socrates Spinner’s Wicket 237
- Astro What is your plan 236
- Lady Diva Smoothie Government 236
- Richie Buntin Leave Dem in De Dust 232
- Kinta Look Within Yourself 231
- Rudder Preparation Time 229
- Singing Jackie Edit De Story 215
- Lord Payne Opportunities 213
- Quantash Take Him Down 210
- Zarkie Poor People Catching Hell 210
- Mighty Honesty No Ole Wife Fish 207
- Kibi Nuttin For Me 205
- Lord Kut Ooom Gala Gala 204
- I Soursop My Pledge 197
- Bra Bread That’s How We Unite 197
- Ayatollah Full Confidence 188
- Persuader Me Door Key Gone 188