Arrests Made in Tourist Robbery Climbs to 7

A press release recently issued by police informs that on 3rd February, 2011, the police of District “B” – which includes the Sandy Point area – “made a number of arrests in furtherance to the robbery investigation…on Saturday 14th November, 2010.”

It names the arrestees as George ‘Naddy’ Welsh of Sandy Point and Delvin ‘Sobie’ Francis of St. Pauls.

According to’s understanding, both men were slapped with 16 charges.

“Both were formally arrested, charged and cautioned on sixteen (16) Warrants in the First Instance for aiding and abetting the commission of the said Robbery and were subsequently remanded to H.M. Prisons.”

Between 17th and 19th November, 2010, police arrested and charged five individuals in connection with this incident. The five are: Junior ‘Q’ Sabratie, Devon ‘X-Man’ Hodge, Grenville ‘Rogie’ Rogers, Administon ‘LB’ Lewis and Elroy ‘Stanny’ Williams, who is the son of George ‘Naddy’ Welsh. They according to reports, were charged with “armed robbery”.

However, in his most recent press release, the police force’s Press and Public Relations Officer, Inspector Vaughan Henderson suggested that other charges are to be preferred against Williams and Sobratie.

Also, in relation to the said robbery there are like warrants in existence for the arrest of Elroy Williams alias ‘Stannie’ and Junior Sobratie alias ‘Q’ both of Sandy Point but who are presently remanded at H.M. Prisons on Robbery charges. Investigations are ongoing.”

Background Information

Seventeen tourists were travelling aboard a Caribbean Journey Mastrs tour bus which was supposed to have made a stop at Brimstone Hill Fortress, however, en route to that historical site, a blockage was observed across the pathway of the vehicle and according to reports, the driver of the vehicle stopped and disembarked to investigate.

Reports further suggest that it was then that two masked armed individuals left their place of cover and proceeded to launch an attack on the unsuspecting tourists, robbing them of a number of personal items before fleeing the scene.

Addition reports indicate that the driver left the scene to summon assistance which was quick in coming.

News of the incident quickly hit the international airwaves and widespread debate was sparked. The incident also resulted in a couple of vessels – which were scheduled to make calls to St. Kitts – informing of their cancellations.



Leave a Reply

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik
error: Content is protected !!