After striking a deal with prosecutors, Aretha Wilson, pleaded no contest on Friday, (12th November) to assault with a deadly weapon and according to the deal, she is likely to receive a two year prison sentence, after which authorities have speculated that she will be deported back to Canada.
The arrangement seems to be fine with the victim, who had previously decided to testify in the case, had the accused taken the chance of a court trial.
Wilson is said to have slashed DiCaprio’s face open with a broken glass.
“The two sides are arguing over how much credit time she’ll get, but once she’s on parole, she’ll be sent back,” says Jane Robison, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.
The attorney for Wilson was, however, not available for comment on the matter.
Previous reports though had indicated that he was seeking to get a sentence for his client that would amount only to the time already served in prison, while the trial was pending. It is said that had the case gone to trial and she was found guilty, Wilson could have faced up to five years in prison.