Chief magistrate denies bail to accused sex ring trio

They appeared before Chief Magistrate Joanne Walsh on Wednesday, seeking bail, but were told that she was not minded to set them free given the seriousness of the offences for which they are before the court.

The accused still have the option of applying for bail in the High Court.

The three adults are to return before the Chief Magistrate on June 29 as police continue the investigation and prepare a file for their committal.

In the meantime, a fourth suspect is said to be in police custody for questioning. That individual, whose name appears on the charge sheet along with the others, had not been charged up to press time.

Last week, the chief magistrate refused to deal with the case against the trio because this fourth individual was not before the court.

She noted that without his committing the alleged act of having sexual intercourse with the 15-year-old girl, none of the others could have committed the offences of extortion and procurement of the minor for sex.




 

Leave a Reply

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik
error: Content is protected !!