Practitioners in the Creative and Cultural Industry have been invited to attend a consultation with Ms. Norton-Murray, Project and Regional Expert – Center for Development of Enterprise (CDE) on Tuesday 13thNovember 12:00pm at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (located on Horsford Road next to the OAS Building across from UWI St. Kitts).
The European Union is interested in creating an EU-CARIFORUM Platform for the Culture and Creative Industries, to promote business cooperation and cultural exchanges between the EU and CARIFORUM Member States. It is envisioned that the culture and creative industries would form an alliance to work on potential business opportunities.
A strategy to establish such a platform could have the following features:
• Identify European and Caribbean stakeholders interested in creating this activity with a view to finding cooperation partners.
• Identify areas of common interest such as promoting investment in local creative industries
• Organize cultural missions to cities in the EU and the Cariforum countries
• Consider the organization of hosting cultural events, in selected countries that could take the form of government-backed specific industry missions
• Consider funding the participation of 10 Cariforum groups to important international trade fairs in the EU
• Develop an outreach programme to target SMEs in Europe and Cariforum and host an annual Conference on Creative Industries in Europe and in the Cariforum region.