1. The Board approved the establishment of the WICB International Fixtures Committee (IFC). The committee will be responsible for nominating venues of all international matches hosted by the WICB taking the following into consideration:
i) Cost analysis
iii) Player concerns
v) Compliance with WICB and ICC regulations
vi) Distribution of cricket throughout the region’s international venues
vii) Broader commercial issues
The IFC will comprise:
i) Chairman of the WICB Finance Committee (who is the appointed IFC chair)
ii) WICB CEO
iii) WICB Head of Cricket Development or designate
iv) WICB Event Manager or Commercial Manager
v) Chairman of the WICB Cricket Committee
vi) Member of the WICB Business Development Committee
2. The Board extended the term of the WICB Selection Committee to the end September 30, 2012. The current two year term of the Clyde Butts chaired Selection Committee would have expires at the end of this month. The extension takes effect as of August 1.
3. The Board approved the draft schedule of cricket for the 2012-2013 season. The draft schedule will now be shared with the West Indies Players Association.
4. The Board approved the commencement of preparations for the Caribbean Twenty20 2013 scheduled for January next. The process will commence shortly with the bidding for the rights to host the fourth edition of the tournament.
5. The Board approved the implementation of a Flat Fee System (FFS) for Venue Rental and Hosting of International Matches. The FFS will be implemented for one year (the 2013 international season), following which it will be reviewed by the Board. Previously, for international matches, venues received, as payment for fees, a percentage of ticket sales.
6. The Board approved a proposal for the WICB 4 Day Tournament and the WICB Regional Super50 Tournament to be played concurrently for the 2012-2013 season. This will allow the Regional Super50 (which has been played in a single territory in recent years and seriously affected by the weather) to be played region wide.
1. The Board received an update from the Territorial Boards on the Governance Committee Report as prepared and presented to the Board by the Charles Wilkin Governance Review Committee. The Board will collate the views of the Territorial Board (some of which have not yet fully reviewed the report) and a special meeting will be convened prior to the next meeting of the Board of Directors (slated for September 2012) at which decisions will be taken on the way forward.
2. The Board received an update of the process of recruitment for the new Chief Executive Officer. A shortlist of candidates has been presented to the Board and the process is on-going.
3. The Board received a report on the Digicel Twenty20 Series played in Lauderhill, Florida. The Board expressed immense satisfaction with the hosting of the series in Lauderhill and thanked, commended and congratulated the WICB Management, Friends of Broward Group and all the officials of Lauderhill for a job excellently done.
4. The Board received a report on umpire performance thus far for the 2011-2012 season of cricket. At the end of the WICB Financial Year 2011-2012 (September 2012) the umpires’ performances and ongoing assessments for the season will be reviewed and the promotion and demotion system will be implemented.
5. The Board received a report from the WICB Disciplinary Committee following a hearing that Windward Islands player Andre Fletcher has been banned for the next two 4 Day matches for which he would have otherwise been eligible. During the last WICB Regional 4 Day Tournament Fletcher was charged for showing serious dissent at an umpire’s decision under Rule 2.2 of the Code of Conduct. It was his third such charge in a twelve month period.