The company has started an initiative to assist customers in taking full advantage of the technology, through their “state-of-the-art “experience centre” at retails stores on both St. Kitts and Nevis.
Like the 4G technology introduced, the experience centre is a first for the twin islands with the sole purpose of giving customers a hands-on experience with the latest technology, said a LIME release.
On any given day, at any time, persons can walk into LIME retail stores and explore the features on various handsets, such as the Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy Y, Blackberry Bold 9900, Samsung Blu Dash and an assortment of the latest tablets moving at 4G speeds.
General Manager, David Lake explains “Instead of customers staring in wonder at the mobile phones in glass cases, LIME is making it such that persons can come in and get full interaction with the new 4G devices – that way the “magic” of 4G is no mystery.
Through this experience centre, customers will be able to see, first-hand the capabilities of 4G:
- Live Video chats
- Viewing video at blazing fast speeds
- Sending photos to social networks, friends, and family faster than ever
- Browsing the web with amazing speed – whilst on a call
- Sending and viewing email, easily, with large attachments
- Downloading photos, apps, music, and other documents in the blink of an eye