Low pressure system dumps rain on St. Kitts and Nevis with threat of thunderstorms

The Weather Forecast for St. Kitts & Nevis indicated that both islands were to expect mostly cloudy conditions with a 60% (or high) chance of rain and a 40% (or moderate) chance of thunderstorms, mainly during the afternoon period.

Though some slight improvement was predicted for Friday night, the conditions were still expected to be partly cloudy with a 40 percent (or moderate) chance of showers and a 20% (or slight) chance of thunderstorms, mainly before midnight.

Across the Eastern Caribbean, the forecast showed that a low pressure system and associated troughs were expected to cause showers and possibly thunderstorms across the northern Windward Islands, the Leeward Islands and the Virgin Islands, mainly on (Friday) afternoon.

Meanwhile, daytime heating and a weak tropical wave are likely to cause scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms across Puerto Rico and Hispaniola. A flash flood watch, issued by the Puerto Rican authorities, was scheduled to come into effect Friday afternoon for all of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Elsewhere, low level divergence was expected to result in mostly fair skies with just isolated showers.


Leave a Reply

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik
error: Content is protected !!