A spokesperson for the festival revealed that Promotions Committee has put together an official calendar of activities and is working hard to promote and ensure that there are activities for everyone to enjoy.
These include, said the spokesperson, – A three- round DJ sound clash, several block parties and Bar hopping “limes”.
One of the events recently held was a promotional catamaran cruise to Nevis, on Saturday 30th April.
Party goers joined committee members and the St. Kitts Music Festival Girls (MFest Girls) for a near one hour ride on Leeward Island Charters’ Spirit.
The catamaran crew journeyed to the popular social hot spot, Sunshine’s Beach Lounge, where the festivity continued into the night. At 8 pm, after a fun-filled Saturday afternoon, the party continued on the journey back to St Kitts.
This catamaran cruise was the first promotional activity for the committee.
According to the committee’s chairperson, Chazzette Mills, this first event was a success. She remarked, “Leeward Island Charters executed a very enjoyable experience. Everyone, including myself, had a great time!”
She added, “The weather was perfect, we danced, we laughed, we had a lovely lunch at Sunshine’s and we made some great memories.”
2011 Promotional Events Calendar:
• Friday 13th May, 2011-Lime at Rum Barrel and DJ Clash-1st round at Pon De Edge,
• Friday 20th May, 2011- Lime at Central Gas Station
• Saturday 21st May, 2011 2nd DJ Clash 2nd Round at De Green Valley Pub
• Wednesday 25th May, 2011- Karaoke at Bobsy’s,
• Friday 27th May, 2011- Block Party Downtown Charlestown
• Friday 3rd June, 2011-Block Party Downtown Basseterre
• Saturday 4th Jun, 2011- DJ Clash 3rd Round at Carnival Village
• Friday 10th June, 2011-bar hopping,
• Sunday 12th June, 2011-Beach Bash at Frigate Bay Beach
• Saturday 18th June, 2011- Island wide motorcade
The 15th annual St. Kitts Music Festival will be staged June 23rd-25th at Warner Park.