As a build up to the event however, organizers have been engaging the contestants in various public events, both to help promote the contest and also to build the confidence of the youthful participants.
One such event, recently hosted for them was a special cocktail that was hosted at the Chef’s Garden, in the TDC Mall, by restaurant owner, Mr. Lionel “Chef” Peets. All the participants of the Prince & Princess Scholarship Pageant were said to have enjoyed their outing at Cocktails & Dinner, held last Friday 2nd December, 2011.
Also attending the event were school representatives, (who are directing the preparations of the contestants), and members of the pageant planning committee.
A Pageant spokesperson expressed thanks to Chef for his outpouring of love and support for the youngsters. He was then invited as one of the special guests for the pageant, slated for this Saturday.
Organizers also used the event to extend their thanks and appreciation, showing their gratitude for the pledges and unyielding support to the Pageant from the many sponsors, including: Sun Island Clothes, The National Carnival Committee, LIME, Ford Abourizk, Ashbury’s, O.D Brisbane, The Craft House, TDC, Plush Accessories, Carib Brewery, Premier Planners, The Craft House, Chef’s Garden, Sensational, Harpers, Caribelle Batik, S. L Horsford’s, Builders Paradise, S L Stage Lighting, Rams Duty Free, St. Kitts Credit Union and Laws Bookstore.
The participating schools will appear in this order:
- BRONTE WELSH PRIMARY – Jemel St. Luce & Jahnika Francis
- DR WILLIAM CONNOR PRIMARY – Tajorah Stapleton & Toshiorna Millington
- DIEPPE BAY PRIMARY – Latrelle Maynard & Chauntia Thomas
- ST PAUL’S PRIMARY – Shemar Douglas & Tessalyna Norford
- DEANE-GLASFORD PRIMARY – Adrian Tobias & Celina Gumbs
- IRISH TOWN PRIMARY – Jarrel Yearwood & Kyana Peets
- ESTRIDGE PRIMARY – Trevon Alexander & Julia-Ann Wigley
- CAYON PRIMARY – Devion Hodge & Rochelle Hamilton
- TYRELL WILLIMS PRIMARY – Michael Sutton & Ceondra Edwards
- SADDLERS PRIMARY – Shakeem Daniel & Davincia Brandy
The show is expected to start promptly at 5:00pm and one can expect special presentations from all of the participants and guest artistes, said a spokesperson.