Quick Response Saves Government Headquarters from going up in Flames

Reports reaching MiyVue.com from a fire department source, confirmed that on Tuesday 21st December, a small fire started in the generator room of the Government Headquarters located on Central Street.

According to the source, the fire seemed to have started as a result of electrical fault.

The source explained that information received from the maintenance man at the building said electricity supply was interrupted and upon return they saw smoke coming from the generator room.GHQ-fire2

“We received the call about 9:38 am and responded immediately,” the source said

“When we go there we saw smoke coming from the generator room and upon opening the room the fire had already started. We quickly took action and extinguished the fire,” the source added.

Investigations revealed that a number of electrical wires were damaged along with the distribution panel, and some electrical switches were also damaged.

As a result there is no electricity at the Headquarters for a period of time and electricity personnel were on the scene working to restore power. No personal injuries were sustained.

 

 

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!