This is an event used by the Rotarians to give back to those in great need and a spokesperson indicated that this formal affair “serves as an outlet for the members and supporters of the club to contribute to the development of the wider community of St. Kitts and Nevis.”
The funds raised at this year’s event will go towards the Clubs for the youth, the Elderly and Community Projects.
Additionally, the raised funds will also help support the activities of the Advancement of the Children Foundation.
Over the years, the Rotary’s involvement in the community’s development has also led to the advancement of projects such as:
– Christmas Hamper Project for the Needy
– Support for Blood Drives on behalf of the JNF Hospital
– Diabetic Foot Care Training for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals on Nevis and St Kitts for the Ministry of Health;
– Support for the Saddlers home for the elderly including Annual Heroes Day Luncheon;
– Support for Ade’s Place;
– Support for Project Strong;
– Support for Save Our Sons (SOS);
– Tree Planting Project;
– Installation of signs for street crossings and painting of street crossings;
– Annual Talent Search Competition for Primary and High Schools;
– Annual Spelling Bee Competition for Primary Schools;
– Young Adults Dance Competition (Dance Xplosion);
– sponsorship of Annual Outstanding Police Award and Outstanding Nurse Award;
– Youth Leaders Training on island and overseas;
– Wheelchair Project for persons in need of same;
– Support of Brimstone Hill Primary School Quiz;
– Support of Public Library Easter Read-A-Thon;
– Computer Aided Literacy Solution (CALS) Programme now at Washington Archibald High School
This year’s celebration will be staged at the Carambola Beach Restaurant, South-east Peninsula, and it commences at 11:00 pm with special music by the “4Play Band” and “3’s HiFi”.
The New Year’s Toast proceeds at midnight as an act of fellowship, thanksgiving and best wishes to counterparts, supporting members and delegates of the association.
In keeping with time allotted to host the event, at 4:00 am – 6:00 am, a “BIG BREAKFAST will be served to conclude the celebrations.
Other activities for night will also include a grand draw for three (3) Door-Prizes valued at $6000.00 EC to be given to three (3) lucky persons.