St Kitts-Nevis wins Group D, of the CFU Men’s Under 23 Olympic Football Qualifiers

The matches which were played at Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts saw teams from Antigua and Barbuda, Haiti, St Lucia and host country St Kitts-Nevis battling for supremacy.

The final night saw two impressive and exciting games played. In the first match it was Antigua and Barbuda coming up against Team St Lucia.

Roy Gregory of Antigua and Barbuda managed to score an early goal in the 24th minute. Making the match Antigua and Barbuda 1 and St Lucia nil (0) at half time.

However, on returning to the field Tremain Paul for team St Lucia tied the game when he scored a goal in the 67th minute. Antigua and Barbuda’s Elvis Thomas showed that his team was not here to draw the match when he scored the final goal of the game in the 82nd minute.

The game ended Antigua and Barbuda 2 and St Lucia 1. Players of both teams received yellow cards during the duration of the match, Jamil Joseph (St. Lucia) 20th minute, Eric Gabriel 28th minute (St. Lucia), Alex Philip (Antigua and Barbuda) 56th minute, Pessius Polius (St. Lucia) 73rd minute, Kevin Edwards (St. Lucia) 75th minute, Omarie Daniel (Antigua and Barbuda) 88th minute, Pernal Williams (St. Lucia) 88th minute, Lauran Luke (Antigua and Barbuda) 89th minute

It was now time for the match to see who will move on to the other round of the CFU Men’s Under 23 Olympic Football Qualifiers, Haiti v St Kitts-Nevis’ ‘Sugar Boyz’

Haiti and St Kitts Nevis have been in the front run after both teams won the prior games beating St Lucia and Antigua and Barbuda.

In the first half of the game Haiti was in total dominance and showed their skills when in the 36th minute Gerald Edwards scored the first goal for Haiti. St Kitts-Nevis had many chances of scoring but was stopped in the act by the Haitian defenders.

When the whistle was blown at half time, the score was Haiti 1 and St Kitts-Nevis nil (0).st-kitts-vs-haiti

The players of both teams returned to the field and appeared to be seemingly cognisant of the fact that it was the final half of the Group D, of the CFU Men’s Under 23 Olympic Football Qualifiers matches.

The teams each had more chances of scoring and controlling the ball. It was then in the 78th minute Johny Joseph of Haiti scored an own Goal giving the ‘Sugar Boyz’ an even greater chance of winning. The momentum of the ‘Sugar Boyz’, the coaches and supporters grew even higher.

The Haitians were on a spree to take back the goal, but were faced with another goal to St Kitts and Nevis by Javeim Blanchette in the 87th minute.

The game ended three minutes after with St Kitts-Nevis 2 goals and Haiti 1 goal.

Several players were presented with yellow cards, Joash Leader (St Kitts and Nevis) 6th minute, Travis “Rug Rat” Sommersall (St Kitts and Nevis) 55th minute, Johny Joseph (Haiti) 58th minute, Irandi Byron (St Kitts and Nevis) 65th minute, Garry Jean Rubin (Haiti) 73rd minute and Tishan Hanley (St Kitts and Nevis) 78th minute. Haiti’s Alte Jacques Samuel (Haiti) picked up a red card in the 90th minute.

St Kitts and Nevis was victorious and moves on to the next round of the CFU Men’s Under 23 Olympic Football Qualifiers.

Final Position

1st – St Kitts and Nevis

2nd – Haiti

3rd – Antigua and Barbuda

4th – St Lucia




Leave a Reply

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik
error: Content is protected !!