There have been no confirmed reports of loss of life but two person sustained severe injuries while repairing a roof during the passage of the storm which battered St Vincent and St Lucia on Saturday.
Some 1,000 persons were in emergency centres, including 300 in Sandy Bay on the North-Eastern coast, and one ship had run aground in the Brighton area, also on the East coast.
“I am appealing for regional and international assistance. I will myself make the formal appeals to our friends, our developmental partners. Some of them have missions here in St Vincent and the Grenadines and we have friends in the region too. We need some quick emergency assistance to get ourselves back on our feet in the shortest possible time,” Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves said on the radio on Sunday, 31st October.
Gonsalves also summoned his Cabinet members to a meeting on Monday, 1st November.
According to reports out of St. Vincent, three hundred houses were destroyed. The agriculture also received heavy damage with many bananas fields were left flat.
Callers to the state-owned National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) reported varying degrees of damage to infrastructure and agriculture across the country.
Telecommunications provider LIME said it was waiting the lifting of the tropical storm watch to restore cellular phone service to some customers.
The company said some of its towers had been damaged and the generators at other sites had used up all their fuel since the electricity grid was shut down overnight.