In a release issued on 13th December 2010, the Traffic Department informed that the imposed parking restrictions are applicable during the evenings when carnival activities will be held at Sugar Mill, Warner Park, and according to the head of that department, Inspector Cromwell Henry, the arrangements are particularly for the major events.
The restrictions are:
- Public parking during the shows will be at the BHS grounds.
- Sponsors and carnival committee members will park in Carnival Village, (must show parking pass.)
- Other VIP’s will park in the parking lot outside the lawn tennis court.
- No parking will be permitted on the eastern side of Victoria Road between the BHS and Lozack Road.
- Traffic will flow northwards only along Victoria Road.
- No vehicular traffic will be permitted between Lozack Road and Hart Street.
- Traffic will flow eastwards only on Lozack Road between Hart Street and Park Range.
The arrangements, the communiqué explained, “will take effect from 6:00 pm on the night of the event until one hour thereafter.”
The department indicated that it is soliciting the cooperation of the public in adhering to and obeying the temporary restriction and further informed that the appropriate signage would be erected in the designated areas and that “officers will be on duty to enforce the restrictions and direct the flow of traffic”.