The service will be held at the Wesley Methodist Church, Seaton Street, Basseterre at 3:00 p.m., prior to which Sir Clement’s body will lie in state at Government House from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Traffic Department has advised of the following restrictions:
- Government House between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., traffic will flow from the Greenlands direction towards LaGuerite direction along the street outside Government House. This will be during the period that the body of the late His Excellency Sir Clement Arrindell lies in State at Government House from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Vehicular Traffic will be restricted from entering Government House during the said time. Persons who wish to visit Government House while the former Governor General lies in State will enter and exit by walking through the main gate. Therefore, vehicles are asked to park outside Government House facing LaGuerite direction.
- Victoria Road from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Traffic will not be permitted to enter Victoria Road from the Moravian Church end.
- Seaton Street from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., vehicular traffic is restricted on Seaton Street (outside the Methodist Church). Only Officials and Family Members will be permitted to use that road.
- Cayon Street from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., vehicles will be restricted from parking on Cayon Street from the junction of Fort and Cayon Street to Greenlands at the Tamarind Tree in the vicinity of the CFB College.
The Licensing Authority solicits the cooperation of the General Public on Thursday 7th April 2011, regarding these Traffic Restrictions. This is intended to facilitate the smooth flow of traffic as we pay our last respects to the late His Excellency Sir Clement Arrindell former Governor General of the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis.