Trinidad central bank confirms shortage of foreign exchange on local market

In a statement, the CBTT said that it has been “actively and aggressively” taking steps to address the situation and that in the last three and a half months it has sold US$500 million to the banking sector to alleviate tensions in the domestic foreign exchange market.

The CBTT said that it typically supplies 25 per cent of the total foreign exchange needs of the market, with the remaining 75 per cent supplied by the banking system. 

“The Central Bank is assuring the public that other initiatives are currently being pursued to strengthen the operational efficiency of the domestic foreign exchange market. The Bank continues to monitor developments in the foreign exchange market and will take appropriate action as needed,” the statement added.

The bank gave no reasons as to the shortage of US currency on the domestic foreign exchange market.

Leave a Reply

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik
error: Content is protected !!