Implemented at U.S. Embassies worldwide, the new process is designed to be more convenient and user-friendly. In addition to the new online system, call center representatives will substantially expand available hours for applicants to obtain information by phone.
Monday to Friday from 7:00am-9:00pm (local time) applicants can book appointments via telephone at 246-620-3399 or online at: http://barbados.usvisa-info.com
The Embassy website, http://barbados.usembassy.gov, also includes updates about the changes, general visa information and a link to the new scheduling website. These two websites and the call center are the only official sources of general visa information and are the only authorized methods to schedule a personal visa interview. Applicants who have scheduled an appointment under the old system should proceed using the existing procedure.
New Non-Immigrant Visa Application Procedure
1. Complete your DS-160 Online Visa Application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/
2. Visit http://barbados.usvisa-info.com and create an account ID.
3. Use a credit card to pay your application fee. Applicants located in Barbados can also pay cash at Scotia bank locations.
4. Schedule an appointment for your visa interview online at http://barbados.usvisa-info.com or by phone through the call center. This service will be free of charge.
5. Applicants will be able to pick up their passports at no additional cost from the DHL office in Barbados. Similar to the current procedure, if applicants wish to pay for an additional courier service to another location, they can do so independently or make arrangements with DHL personnel co-located at the U.S. Embassy.