The association has also indicated that St. Kitts & Nevis has been selected to host the teams in the upcoming group matches which are being played on a home and away basis, as the countries seek to qualify for the next stage.
Team St Kitts & Nevis will play their first game in Dominica on the 25th September and then return to the Federation where they will play Dominica and Trinidad & Tobago on the 28th September and 2nd October respectively.
An association spokesperson confirmed that the national team has been practicing for some months and is prepared for the tournament. The team is being coached by Mr. Lester Morris.
The SKNFA will be asking for the support of the Nation as the young ladies will be coming up against Trinidad and Tobago who hosted the Women’s U-17 World Cup in 2010 and are experienced at this level.
The Women U-17 World Cup will be held in Azerbaijan in 2012.
The games will be played at Warner Park at 5:00 pm. The price will be adults $5 and children $2.
The schools are being asked to show their support to the team as the players come from various High Schools across the Federation, said the SKNFA.
The full team and school are as follows:
- Quindra Estridge- Cayon High
- Najma Prentice- Basseterre High
- Kande Athill- Immaculate Conception Catholic School
- Katelyn Forbes- Basseterre High
- Delandra Levine- Charles E Mills High
- Valgina Thompson- Charlestown Secondary
- Nardea Alford- Charles E Mills High
- Kidedra Henry- Basseterre High
- Karel Welch- Washington Archibald High
- Tarvia Phillip- Washington Archibald High
- Ruzella Tucker- Washington Archibald High
- Shekola Wilson- Cayon High
- Anandee Christopher- Cayon High
- Zaidena Sharry- Cayon High
- Kareema Wilkinson- Basseterre High
- Tyra Wilkinson- Washington Archibald High
- Leranja Wilkinson- Washington Archibald High
- Chioma Henry- Washington Archibald High
- Team Officials
- Lester Morris- Head Coach
- Judith Gumns- Manager/ Asst Coach
- Hance Richards- Physio/ Trainer
- Samuel Phipps- Goalkeeper Coach
- Retna Walwyn- Team Doctor
- Kerrise Hanley- Equipment Manager